Sunday, November 20, 2011

Top 5: Characters from The Walking Dead Comics that I Can't Wait to See in the Show!

#5: Gabriel
I remember when he was first introduced, and I was so convinced he was going to be a bad guy. The "it's a trap" warning sirens were screaming in my brain. Even though he's a small character, his story is one that brings an interesting perspective to the group.








#4: Tyrese
Tyrese would be even higher on my list if it weren't for all the rumors surrounding his casting. Before the show even aired, the internet was abuzz with news that he would be portrayed by Keith Allen Hayes. Hayes is both too young and too small to be a real Tyrese, but at this point I guess the show is pretty far off the map. If nothing else, tonight's episode proved that. Still, I loved Tyrese. His relationship with Rick was genuine and interesting. He served as a good foil (and a good friend) for Rick, and his death is one of the many reasons that we watch Rick unravel. And he killed a whole gym full of zombies with a hammer. A HAMMER!

#3: Abraham
My favorite of the new(er) survivors, Abraham is pretty awesome and hardcore without being one dimensional. He serves as a fittingly brutal sidekick for Rick post-Woodbury, and I appreciate his brand of blunt honesty.








#2: The Governor
Call me crazy, but I'm still hoping that the show's writers will go the way of cruel and bitter irony and make Merle Dixon into The Governor. Wouldn't it be beyond awesome to watch him chop off Rick's hand in an "eye for an eye" gesture? Regardless of what route they chose to take on his origin, The Governor is one of the best villains in modern literature. He's a sick, sadistic monster, and yet...a great dad? As much as any reader despises him, you've gotta look forward to his inevitable and eventual appearance.





#1: Michonne
I cannot WAIT to hear who they cast as Michonne. This samurai-sword-wielding warrior woman can take care of herself and has proved it time and time again. I can't wait to hear her say "I think of all the things I'm going to do to you, and it scares me". Watch out, Governor. Whomever they cast, it better be good. I've been personally advocating for Gina Torres (of Serenity fame), but I'm sure that's only a pipe dream. Who would you love to see as the lawyer-gone-one-woman-army of The Walking Dead?




All pictures taken from http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Comic_Series_Characters

2 comments:

  1. I think Gina Torres could happen easily. Or Aisha Tyler.

    I don't know if Tyrese is going to make it in, what do you think?

    While I would appreciate the HUGE dramatic reveal of Merle as the Governor...and I could totally see them doing that. It seems a bit, I don't know, cliche in a way. Like the obvious TV dramatic thing to do for a big cliffhanger or something. Which could be awesome. But I think I'd like it if they constantly meet new people. makes it more realistic.

    Rick and company just need to build a Dead Reckoning and they'll be fine. Think the RV would work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. Aisha Tyler would be awesome awesome awesome. And she was on Talking Dead....hmmm...maybe. She's beautiful and geeky, how is that even possible?

    Also, I agree with you on the "find as many people as possible" thing. I hate when they make universes so small in literature and media...see also: Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete